Columns inside of Shoflo offer a way for different departments to add their own content. This means that the Audio crew can have a dedicated column for audio, the graphics guys have a column to add their images and so on. And coupled with our column personalization, each user can customize their own view. So if the video engineers don't want the PA script in their view, they can hide that column as well as reorder their columns so the video column is the first contributor column.
Different column types
Item and timing columns
The item column is the furthest left column inside of your rundowns and can't be re-ordered. When in Compact View the timing columns are independent of the item column and these columns also cannot be re-ordered. Also, these columns can only be edited by users with the Admin or Show Caller level permission.
The private notes column is visible and editable by any user permission level. Any text you add here will only be seen by you! Furthermore, text added to the private notes column can be included in your exports.
Contributor or "Department" columns
These columns are any and all columns to the right of private notes. These columns can be hidden and re-ordered by all permission levels. However, content can only be added and edited by Admins, Show Callers, or Contributors.
Global Column Changes
These modifications are seen by all crew members with access to the document.
Adding new columns
A rundown can have an unlimited number of columns. However, columns can only be added by Admins, Show Callers. There are two ways to add new columns:
- To the right of the last column you can click on the Add Column button.
- Click on the dropdown arrow next to any column header and in the dropdown click on Add Column to End.
You can delete a column by clicking on the dropdown arrow next to the column header, and then on Delete Column. Note that this can only be done by an Admin or Show Caller.
Restoring Deleted Columns
If you accidentally deleted a column or wish to restore a previously deleted column, here's how:
- Click on the lightning bolt icon in the upper right hand corner of your rundown.
- Click on the View Deleted Columns button.
- Find the column you wish to restore and click on the restore icon. This will restore it as the last column. Note that this can only be done by an Admin or Show Caller.
Setting column widths
There are five different column widths that can be set by users of the Admin or Show Caller level permission. Setting a column width is a global change for all users. These include:
- Ultra Narrow
- Script Wide
These modifications are saved as a personal preference and do not affect how the rundown appears to other crew members.
There are two ways to hide a contributor column from your view.
- Select a cell in the column you want to hide and use the keyboard shortcut CMD + E. You can use Shift + CMD + E to unhide all columns.
- Click on the dropdown arrow next to the column title and in the dropdown click on Hide Columns. You can also click on Show All Columns to reveal all hidden columns.
Re-ordering or moving columns
There are two ways to reorder columns.
- Select a cell in the column you want to hide and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD + LeftArrow/RightArrow to move a column Left/Right.
- Click ont he dropdown arrow next to the column title and in the dropdown click on Move Column Left or Move Column Right.