Preparing to be a presenter
- Shoflo Studio is optimized for Google Chrome
- Video streams require lots of data but your current ISP should do fine. We recommend hard wiring into your router via ethernet if possible, and if that isn't an option, try to set up your computer near your wifi hotspot.
- Please consider your background as this will be on camera along with you
- Try to keep yourself centered on the camera frame
- If you intend to share your screen, we recommend having a second monitor and sharing that screen. This will make it easier to manage what you are sharing and still stay active within Shoflo Studio on your primary screen.
- If you want to play a video, please share the video files with the Director ahead of the call. Video playback on a screen share will have suboptimal audio and video framerate.
- Be early, show up at least 10 minutes before the start of your live stream so that you can do an A/V check
Joining as a Presenter
To join into Presenter view, you must be invited into the session by receiving the Presenter invite link. Opening this join link in Google Chrome will display the welcome screen and ask you to provide your name. Then, click "Request access" and wait for the Director to accept your request.
Note: Shoflo Studio is currently optimized for Google Chrome
Camera and Mic setup
After you've made sure that your browser has permission to access your camera and mic (more info here on cam/mic permissions) and the Director has accepted your request to join, you'll be asked to select which camera, microphone, and speaker you want to use in Studio.
Clicking the small arrow to the right of the current device will display a drop down and let you select a different device. Once the correct devices are selected, click "Save" and you'll be brought into Presenter View.