There are a plethora of different export options available for exporting your show to your computer. These options include:
- XLS (Excel)
- Advanced Download (Includes CSV option)
- Microsoft Word
XLS, CSV, and PDF also include both a Personal and Generic export option. A Personal export will honor your column order and visibility as well as will include your private notes. A Generic export will use the default column order, and won't exclude hidden columns nor will it include your private notes.
Excel vs CSV
An Excel (XLS) export will include minimal column formatting for better legibility, while a CSV export will include no column formatting.
Export to Excel
An Excel export will include all of your text content in a .XLS file format for use in Excel, Numbers, or Google Sheets. The Excel export will not include any text formatting, highlights, or images.
- Click on the download icon in the upper right hand corner of your show and select either the Personal or Generic XLS export option.
Export to PDF (Best for printing!)
PDF exports are the best and most popular way of generating your show in an easy to print format. A PDF export will include all of your font formatting, highlight colors, and images in the common .PDF file format. Some notes:
- We scale your PDFs to fit on a page and we include all of the columns relevant to the export type (Personal and Generic). So if you find that your text is too small or your columns are too narrow, try hiding as many columns as you don't need as possible to give the PDF more room to scale up.
- There is a delay as we render your content. After you click export, a blank page will open up which is rendering your PDF behind the scenes. Closing this screen will kill the process and your PDF won't export so please be patient!
- If you feel like your PDFs have too many pages, try playing with column widths to tighten up your content. Since rows grow based on the amount of content in it, a wider column width will mean a short row height for columns with lots of long text in it. A simple change to a wider column width might save you several pages from your export.
The advanced export option is a wizard designed to give you greater control over your export's layout and column visibility. In the advanced export, you can control which columns export as well as their layout without affecting your actual show view.
- Select Advanced Download from the export options
- Select your export type (PDF, XLS, or CSV)
- Set your column order and visibility. You can hide any column from the export as well as change its order in the export by clicking the toggle and move icons accordingly.
- Set your paper size, orientation, and overall row height. You can choose between Letter and Legal paper size, Portrait and Landscape orientation, as well as Loose vs Compact row heights. The loose option adds some blank space to the bottom of each row (perfect for hand writing notes) while the compact option tightens up padding to give you the most amount of rows as possible on a single page.
Exporting to Word is a great option for handing off PA reads to announcers or speakers. In the Word export wizard you can set your column visibility, and even designate any contributor column to be a "hero" column.
- Select the Word export option from the download dropdown
- The left hand pane is where you toggle your columns on or off. If you don't want a particular column to be included in your export, toggle the switch from green to white. The right hand pane is an abstracted view of what your final export may look like.
- The column set as the Hero column receives special formatting options. The font size can be set larger for easier reading. Once you set a column as a hero column, you can set its final rendered text size in the hero section in the right pane.
- For the designated hero column, you can also elect to skip rows that don't have any hero content. For example, if you designate the PA read to be the hero column, since there might not be PA text in every row, this option will only include the rows that actually have hero content.